PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - McRae Crash & Fatal Accident Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2009, 15:34
verticalhold

The Veloceraptor of Lounge Lizards

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A review of low flying limits would have achieved nothing in this case.

I would question why the CAA can't notify a license holder when it is about to expire. A license costs enough, where does all the money go?

The fall out from this case is likely to be more on unlicensed illegal flying, not on low flying.

Some pilots will always take an opportunity to fly low and behave irresponsibly. Reviewing current legislation will not change that behaviour.

As for Mr Ferguson, I have some clippings under his by-line in an old scrapbook. He has been quoted in just about every North Sea accident since the year dot. A Google search found nothing, nor did a search of the P and J.

Certainly what he wrote about me and my colleague was hopelessly inaccurate, in fact down right mis-leading. Sadly mud sticks, some people remember what JF wrote rather than the AAIB report.

He even put a different spin on the AAIB and the report he wrote was utter b******s. I hope he reads this as I have long wanted to tell him to give up and retire before someone takes very serious action against him.

He is no more expert in aviation than I am in artificial insemination in wildebeest, and probably no better qualified.