PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2009, 12:38
bkkfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacuqi...what a dumb comment. I can tell you that a lot of Aussie CC were former cc back in Oz with either Virgin, Jetstar, and ex Ansett/Qantas crew. I am half Australian. As I have said in other posts most who come to EK, only come for 10 months to a year for travel and to see the world. Aussies are accustomed to their unions, industry set wages and Australian working conditions which is why they don't hang around too long in the middle East. Its to good back in Aus but we dont mind putting up with a year of EK to get what WE want out of it. To say that Aussie,Kiwi UK CC are happy to have a job with EK because they could not get a job with another airline is really misinformed...you sound like the loser
The post from the Brasil person is "sour". Dude - its not our fault that Aussies are perhaps not as "appreciative" of the job as you are. Maybe EK got you out of your slum back in Brasil, but the truth of the matter is that Aussies and Kiwis can go home at anytime and get unemployment pay from the goverment which is like equal to your basic salary with EK. We are not trying to rub your nose in it but thats the truth of the matter. So whilst we are open minded when working with you guys you should keep our position in mind too.