PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it that make ground Engineers dislike Pilots ?
Old 16th Feb 2009, 12:23
bcgallacher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to hear from my old friend gublacagan - engineers dont hate aircrew in general only the arrogant ones who wont let us do our jobs or think they have more technical knowledge than us.I had one last year who had a minor problem with a 747 - when I informed him I had seen the same snag many times as I had been with 747s for 30 years he told me he didnt care how much experience I had. Found out later he had little time on 747.Some crews are magic to work with, they understand we are all in the same business and help us do our job - give us decent log descriptions of snags and are able to answer questions.Basically all we want is to be treated with the professional respect we deserve.Had one F/E give a 3 page write up about engine vibration and pylon overheat without managing to tell maintenance which engine and pylon.Its mainly attitude that pisses me off - had one young F/o call me a liar in public- only once!Have been on Hadj operations which were absolutely great fun because of the crew/maintenance relationship and been on others that were a nightmare because we had crews that were not suited to that kind of operation.
Just as an aside I am a happy man today - got my travel instructions to go back to work after 8 months off due cancer surgery - a good feeling.