PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to get into contact with HOR's at various airlines
Old 15th Feb 2009, 18:19
pilotmike

Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts
I doubt that I'm alone in thinking that you are coming at this from a rather strange angle - as you appear to have done for quite a while.

If I may, I will liken it to contacting the Managing Directors of Porsche, Jaguar, Mercedes and BMW for advice on which driving school to go to. Or asking the chief rocket scientist at NASA for their ideas on whether Cessna or Piper planes are better for you to take your trial lesson on.

As others have said, senior airline staff undoubtedly have far more important things to do with their time than to offer you their thoughts on various training ideas.

Afraz, my serious advice, once again, is to take yourself off to a flight training school - any school - and enrol for your PPL. At the very least take a trial lesson. During and after this, you could use the time to very briefly ask your instructor one or two questions which will help you with some of your immediate training plans. But please don't take the piss trying to engage him for hours, trying to solve your route to the LHS of a specific jet at a specific airline with a detailed plan for the next 10 years, as you won't be taken seriously.

One step at a time, eh?! How about your next post is reporting back on how your trial lesson went, where you did it, and what your plans are for doing your PPL?