PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you settle for this offer
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2009, 17:58
Flintstone

Disco.

50/50 where? How do the pilots already working earn any of the blame? They can't.

Can you blame the companies? Yes, to a degree but who accepts the offer and hands over the cash thereby rendering these schemes workable for the companies?

There are companies who will pay for your TR and bond you. I've worked for those and turned down the others. I could have bought my jobs but didn't. If I can take the moral high ground (as have thousands of others) why should we be expected to take any of the blame for this mess?

We all have choices. What defines us is how we behave when our choices come back to haunt us and affect others.

Reluctant.

Rant? Hardly. A quick flick through your posts however does seem to reveal a propensity toward insults and the profane on your part. Well done on not reverting to type thus far. A sign of emerging maturity that perhaps, if it continues, will one day allow to to see that the 'buy a job' brigade really are major contributors to this state of affairs.

Clearly you were not "referring to how easy it is to point the blame at somebody else". You quite clearly stated that you were now (then) unsure if you'd gone the right way. If you perceive my voicing an opinion as "lecturing" though perhaps you've not come as far along the maturity road as I first thought.

Why have I bothered to point all this out to you? Because at some time in the future people will search these threads. They'll see that some of us managed to work our way up through the ranks and they'll see others who bought their way in and by doing so weakened our standing as a profession. Now too they'll also see that even after £100,000 it isn't always rosy and if just one of them chooses not to buy their way in it's been worth it.

I get it, others get it but some (those receiving bank loan balance statements in six figures once a month) pretend not to.