PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you settle for this offer
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2009, 15:26
Reluctant737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed but I got my point across, and it isn't half boring reading the same old phrases over and over again... plus a word (or phrase) must be used first before it is a word (or phrase), so you could really use that argument against any word in the English language! And if we're going to be picky, I did not say 'sweet grudgery', I said 'if ever I smelt grudgery so sweet', which is perfectly acceptable if you have an ounce of creativity within you. And I guarantee, had I used the same phrase whilst talking to you face to face, you either wouldn't have picked up on it, or accepted it because as humans it is not the technicalities of communication which are important to us, it is the ease with which we understand a channel of communication. But that's being picky.

Unless, you're not one of the 'Oxford/Collins dictionary is my Bible' types are you?

Either way, in response to your literary accusations against me, I should like to defend my case with a saying very close to my heart, "Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools." Otherwise we would live in a dreadfully mundane existence

And in response to your opinion regarding the destruction of T+Cs, I stand by my original argument - India's economy and aviation industry is already FUBAR, so there's not a lot to be said for looking after it. Have you ever looked at the payscales in that part of the world?

Plus, I wouldn't regard these people as 'idiots' - you could use the same argument about anyone, for any person who claims never to have contributed to the degradation of anything is talking out their bumhole. Didn't you ever chase the girls round at school and ruin their day? Oh, that might have just been me...

Like I said, the 250hr pilot's playground

edited to say - plus, it's not the 250 hr guys who are ruining it for everybody else - they are trapped within a vicious circle, created by each other, airline management, politicians and others in so called positions of power. Ambition is a terribly powerful thing and will drive the otherwise sane indivudual to actions of insanity (paying for line training). So really, the blame lies with the guys already in the coorporation - they are the ones who have the power to prevent this, they are the ones with access to BALPA, they are the ones who hold a responsibility for the new guys. I do my best to maintain moral within my company - whenever I meet a skipper with a grudge I'll try to work it out with him, and whereever possible I respond to all correspondence from my company with an input from myself.

I personally feel that the blame is 50/50.

But that's a different discussion, the guy just wants to know what we think about the deal offered to him, not to rip him to shreds for what he's considering. Now that is wrong.

Ad

Last edited by Reluctant737; 15th Feb 2009 at 15:39.