PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ Pay
Thread: Jetstar NZ Pay
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2009, 08:19
always inverted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of you think that the managers or off-siders dont read these forums to gauge what people may accept as a salary...
I agree that the pay if this is accurate, it is not that great, but as has been said, a job is better than sitting in the dole line looking for one...
Surely those that really need one will apply for this and those that earn more elsewhere will not ?
I for one am happy where I am for now, as a start up co in this economic climate it could be a big gamble especialy if some of you have kids and a certain lifestyle choices to think of.

Also some are missing the point, sure the market will only pay so much, but if we keep taking a little off here and there, it comes down and down. Surely std prac, this is what I'm offering, what do you think you are worth ? They come up and you come down and you meet somewhere ABOVE what they were originaly offering. This is usually done by the unions during negotiations but it DOES happen.

Some of you just need to have a look out the window at the ecconomy and realise that thisjob for some may be VERY much needed.