PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 15th Feb 2009, 06:31
Bubblecopter85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another newby seeking guidance?

Hi,

I hope im not just adding the same question to the pot here.......

Recently left career to pursue the flying bug and my plan is as follows..........

Currently undergoing ATPL(H) doing distance learning from home. Self flying my way up to 155 hours to complete my CPL. Currently mainly in R22's, but am also in the middle of Jetbox rating. At the moment am planning on going straight into IR once I have done my CPL and ATPL(H) ground work.

If all goes according to plan it would put me on 250 hours (ish) with B206 and AS355 rating, approx 65 hours of which would be on turbines.

I'd really appreciate some feedback ref what my chances are of being employed with a mere 250 hours. I have asked around most people I know in the idnustry, however I'm never sure whether they're working me from the professional angle as they want my business.

Would it be better to scrap the IR in favour of spending a year or so trying to scrape some commercial hours together?

I'm only mid 20's and single so would ideally be looking offshore in the medium term. Just need to know the best way of getting there.

Any thoughts appreciated!