PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss salary
Thread: Swiss salary
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2002, 08:17
skypointer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On most routes there is a brake-even with about 25 percent load.
Do you really believe this? Well, it shows how little you know about this business. I fear not even a low cost carrier - which SWISS definitely is not - does make money with 25% load factor.

Though probably LX did, while SR financed the difference. Well, those day are gone...

On the SR long haul network every route generated cash since Jan 02. The ticket rates were some 10% lower then in 2001, but the leasing about 50% and the staff salaries some 10-35% lower. Of course fuel was cheaper too and all the bad paying routes were given up after the SR grounding.

So I don't know where you have your figures from +TS. Probably made them up by yourself - and badly that is...

Your short haul laod factors are about right. You of course forgot to write that the Airbus fleet had around 60% and the former LX fleet about 35%.:o

I don't know the current figures, but the late SR proved that you can operate the 26 longhaul planes of SWISS with a profit.

However I would not be surprised if SWISS couldn't reproduce these figures, as the whole management doesn't seem to understand much about long haul operations and network mangement as they had never to do anything like this with LX.
Let's hope they prove me wrong here...