PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nppl
Thread: Nppl
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2002, 07:55
deanofs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOTICE, thanks for your condesending and patronising remarks. Slavery of course has been banned and women have been given the vote. The age of consent lowered to 18 (from 21) and pubs open all day now. Alcoholism is not rife, Democratic participation has not increased and the Empire still functions. Hey even people from minority ethnic groups are allowed to have equality......

Your arguements are about as good as the ones I heard as to why junior Doctors should work 150 hours a week...it was good enough for me type arguement.

I accept your right to hold a view, but please, objectivity backed up by FACTS not opinion is what is required here. The academic arguement in favour of the NPPL is also about the statistical probability of one of these NPPL pilots getting into difficulties and the likelihood of a problem occurring.

I can not believe that someone who is a PPL (YOU) can be so bigoted against the increase of GA to people who can perfectly safely hurl lumps of metal weighing 30 plus tonnes about the roads, but who will be trained by the same instructors and examined by the same examiners as YOU yet will be allegedly less safe, more incompetent and on the margins of almost everything else.

I have to say your elitist attitude is quite repugnant