PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ Pay
Thread: Jetstar NZ Pay
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2009, 09:23
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why should you care about anything OR anyone else.
Some of you guys just crack me up.

Do you SERIOUSLY believe that ANYONE sits down after having had a job offer from a jet operator, and thinks "now is there anybody who might be hurt/disadvantaged/mentally scarred if I accept this job? Because if there is, I won't take it"? I mean, what planet are you on?

Everybody here advances their career however they can. Some are more morallly inclined than others, but the idea that anyone should turn down a job with a legitimate airline on the basis that doing so may hurt their colleagues, is complete nonsense. it never happens.

More to the point, T&Cs for pilots, globally speaking, have been on the slide for years. That is partly because they were over-valued in the first place, but also because the industry can no longer support them. It has little to do with pilots screwing each other. Of course, in the sleepy little backwater that is Antipodean aviation, this fact is resisted by those who believe in the anachronistic idea that they are automatically "entitled" to a Qantas/Air NZ salary.

So, no doubt, all of you whinging about the salary/conditions/recruitment process are not going to apply? Crap! You are all whining on PPRuNe to show "solidarity" with your union-minded colleagues, while busily filling out your applications and queuing up to take the psychometric tests.

Welcome to the real world!