PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - McRae Crash & Fatal Accident Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2009, 08:34
20Minuter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Double Bogey - I enjoyed reading your post, but what happened in the incident does not reflect on a "professional" Pilot and I don't mean professional in job/career. You only have to read the sections in the report regarding FPC's, licencing and log book keeping to start to form a picture and possible attitude. Was this then taken to the air? I think his bucket of luck was empty, well before he ever left the ground. There are good, hostorical reasons as we all know as to why regulations are in place, its becasue someone, somewhere, at some time came a cropper. Thats why we are told to observe this rule or take this test or keep that record, however mundane. And yes, we have all done the low flying bit, but not with family and friends in the cab as closer to the solid bit we land on, the more likely it is to end badly if it does go wrong, even if it is caused by events out of our control, which appears not to be the case in this incident.

Lets all hope that this tragic incident and a very good post from Double Bogey make someone go "no, I am not going to do X, because it could lead to Y if it goes wrong, even if it would be fun to try".

Last edited by 20Minuter; 13th Feb 2009 at 09:25.