PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - McRae Crash & Fatal Accident Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2009, 03:49
Phil77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Shortly after an accident happens, some people here are always on the fence with statements like: "let's wait for the official report and don't mention a word in regards of the probable cause (e.g. speculate)" and the like. Now the report has finally been issued and we STILL aren't supposed to discuss it!?!

Give me a f*** break!
Like a lot of people have stated before: the media WILL report, no matter what we say. Every industry has its fair share of morons and maybe, just maybe, the media will see that we are not just accepting the fact that one of us did not abide by the rules and killed innocent people. They might recognize that we actually speak up and say that we as professionals condemn any kind of behavior like this!!!

(rant over)

Who says you aren't supposed to discuss it? My previous post was intended to encourage sensible discussion, bearing in mind that the press will watch and take note of most of what is said here.

Senior Pilot

Edit:
Senior Pilot:

I'm sorry, my statement was targeted at some posters, not at you or pprune in general. I feel its important to point out that the media is reading this, but to say we should keep quiet is ridiculous - not only would it probably fuel the fire, it is pretty impossible to gag everyone here anyway (I know that is not your intention).

Last edited by Phil77; 13th Feb 2009 at 14:00. Reason: response to Senior Pilot