PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Experience of CTC
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2009, 12:25
James D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't get too wound up over Day_Dreamer he crops up on most CTC/OAA threads towing this OAA marketing propaganda.

Unless you have some aversion to going over to NZ for an extended period(Family commitments etc), then the choice between OAA and CTC wings is a no brainier, in favour of CTC. Granted they have lost their edge with the unsecured funding being pulled, but in employment terms I don't see any comparison.

I went through both selections successfully last summer and CTCs is certainly tougher, although I must say not as tough as some make out on here.

From what I have heard the CTC ICP selection is very similar to Wings except its not as comprehensive and the bar is lowered in terms of pass marks etc.
ICP and OAA integrated are probably more comparable products. If I had the choice between those two I might err on the side of Oxford as ICP is so far untested. The ICP selection success rate I'm sure is a fair bit higher that the wings one.

In the end I didn't have the stomach for a debt this size and decided to go modular, but worth doing both selections anyway if your considering it.

Good luck.

Last edited by James D; 12th Feb 2009 at 12:56.