PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2009, 09:40
alvinski01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lets think clearly

Hey, I may not agree with everything that happens, but I have had other jobs in other places. Many people I work with haven't REALLY worked full time outside of aviation....
I Applied for the job, no one came to my home and begged me to work here.
I work an average of 30 hours a week ( and yes, I am tired too) and get paid quite Ok for the effort. A lot more then I got in hospitality and for a lot nicer job. I don't have to clean grease, kitchen bins or make up beds in a hotel. My cleaning is sometimes gross but not Every day.

I have lots of ex-Ansett friends and I have lots of friends who have lost their jobs in banks and in automotive industry. Perhaps we could learn some lessons and work together as a union and as a company. I don't know about you but I would rather see all of us with a job then all of us without one.

my old Base Manager was a pr**k and I am glad he is gone. I don't really know the new ones but I have had two CCDM's and they have both treated me with dignity and respect when i had some tough personal times and I know lots of crew who have had them do right by them as well. I really like and trust that lady doing the CS stuff too, I wish she would be at the road shows. anyway, I want to pay my mortgage, live a happy life and I don't mind working hard. I think we need to keep the emotion out and think about long term here.