PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RJ 100s at BA EOG
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2002, 18:15
Secret Squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allow me to clear up one small point. I have nothing against CEP's per se; just those who get up on their high seniority horse as if that was all that mattered in the world.

That said:

JT

I'm sorry but I have no advice other than what I have already given: Beware of prophets bearing gifts!

Snooky

Fair point but I didn't join BA. They recruited me, as I came (with four stripes!), to do a job for them. Yes, they reward me well and yes, better than before. EOG pilots didn't want me to stay at CFE and do any routes that were previously done by them so they forced BA to integrate us. No complaints so far. Now we're in and BA have decided that the RJ is more trouble than it's worth (funny how we always managed to keep the program running on greased wheels). So what do you all do?, you throw the book at us; you shake our hand with one hand and slap us across the head with the other. What would you have me do, Snooky?

To my mind - and I'm 100% sure you'd agree if you were in my shoes - It makes little or no sense to replace a captain with two years experience (as I will have by the time I'm shifted off - maybe more!) with an FO who is next in line just because....(s)he's next in line. Not to mention having to keep paying me command salary! I don't think it would make much sense in The City either and yet here you all are criticising BA for being inefficient and wasting money. I'm not religious but I went to a catholic school and one of the quotes which crops up most in life is the one about noticing splinters in other people's eyes and not seeing the plank sticking out of your own.

I repeat, it was BA pilots who brought on this situation in the first place so it seems only fair that you now face the consequences rather than shove us to the forefront to pay for your lack of foresight.