PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tyrolean assessment
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 17:26
Flying Wild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the current financial situation that Tyrolean are in, I'd be surprised if they have re-instated the free hotel for the assessment! When I went on the last assessment, it was free flight on standby, pay for your own hotel and pay for the assessment...
To be honest, I'm surprised the are calling people forward to assessment at the moment, as they have just instituted cost-cutting measures in the ground and office staff, with reduced pension payments, reduced hours and mandatory taking of outstanding leave. Not exactly the sort of thing you'd be doing if about to hire a bunch of new pilots!

However, you asked about the assessment:

Revise the FAA CPL question bank. The Theory test is EXACTLY the same as the questions in the FAA CPL book which I have, word for word and same graphs.

As a previous poster said, you are split into groups in the morning, with half doing the theory, and half doing the psychometric.
The results of the theory are given at lunchtime. All very gameshow like, with slips of paper given out with either 'Yes' or 'No' written on it. If it says Yes, you go forward to the Psychometric test in the afternoon. If it says No, you are on the next flight out.
Those who sit the Psychometic test in the morning don't find out results until the next day, so go straight into the Theory after lunch.

The Psychometric test is as described, the results aren't available until the following morning. Again, it is slips of paper, with flights home for those whose results are negative.

For those who are successful, you may do a sim check (FNPT with wonky controls, which you can't trim!) or an interview first. You will also do a 'Medical' where you take your existing documentation to the Tyrolean AME for review. You require a 'Stress ECG' for this - ask when you are in Innsbruck and you can be referred to a place in town where you can do it for around €100.
The Sim check, Interview and Medical may drag through to Wednesday. You will then fly home on Wednesday afternoon. I was told my result whilst waiting to board my flight, via phone.