PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tyrolean assessment
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2009, 12:31
V-PJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, BellyAir's post is correct. Out of the 30 or so on my 'assessment', only 4 got through to the Sim check and I know that 2 failed that. It seems that a lot of emphasis is placed on psychometric testing, so much so that I felt that I was just a guinea pig for the Doc's (can't remember his name) research.

Innsbruck was nice though with some nice bars and restaurants.

Anyway, the assessment works as follows. ~30 people arrive and the group is split in half. One group does the aviation knowledge test (fairly straightforward, revise Bristol ground school), group discussion (random topic - we were asked whether we preferred active or relaxing holidays) and some form of individual interview/psychological profiling/examination with one of the Doc's assistants (very nice looking she was to!). The other group goes off and does the computer based psychometric testing which takes between 3-4 hours... usual stuff; remembering numbers and shapes, putting sequences in order, reaction testing, etc.

The groups then switch around although if you fail the first set of tests assigned to your group, you're off home.

Assuming you pass the tests above, you then do the Sim check and one further interview.

As BellyAir says though, it all seemed like a bit of a waste of time. However, if you do go (flights and hotels paid for by Tyrolean), I wish you the very best of luck.

Hope this helps,

V-PJ