PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 11th Feb 2009, 09:37
machonepointone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair Fees

I recently bought tickets from Jerez to Stansted and return and right at the end I see that Ryanair have charged me a "handling fee." Considering that I booked on-line, will be checking in on-line, and will only have carry-on baggage I wonder what part of my journeys they will be handling. Were I to be a cynic (and in Ryanair's case I probably am), I would suspect that this is another sneaky way of charging passengers extra.

As for the discussion on size/weight/amount of carry-on baggage, I would dearly love to see ALL airlines enforcing the rules with no exceptions. I suspect that there are two types of people who carry too much on board, either they are too stupid to read the rules or else they are too arrogant to believe that the rules actually apply to them. In either case, having the extra bags placed in the hold and being made to pay for it might encourage them to do what they should have done in the first place. However, behaviour like that of the staff female at Gerona/Girona is way OTT.