PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How could the pilot have prevented this bumpy landing?
Old 10th Feb 2009, 20:21
ChristiaanJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting for this to be moved to JetBlast...

Originally Posted by Hot 'n' High
An interesting insight into a characteristic of landing a Delta Christiaan! In fact, it looks like the first “excursion” was a reduction in pitch which ties in with your info on the “pitch down” moment generated in GE.
You got the point... he was probaly briefed on this but didn't know exactly when to expect it.

Would the Pitch Moment be due a “cushion” building up mainly towards the rear of the wing which is where the greatest span is? I would suspect that, in a Delta, Lift/CP itself remains fairly unaffected in GE since it will be almost pure Vortex lift at that point but that is only based on some wind tunnel work I did on the Harrier LERX a few years ago. Clearly, that was a hybrid situation I was looking at. All interesting stuff!
I would say that covers it pretty well. Let's leave the nitpicking to the others, HnH.

As you say Rainboe, who knows what is real these days.
Not Rainboe himself, that's for sure....
Troll, imp, gremliin, Cheshire cat, hoax ... how would you describe yourself these days, Rainboe?

CJ