PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One Key Fits All Boeing Flight Decks: Lord Janner
Old 8th Oct 2001, 23:02
flyguy93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here's a suggestion to all. When all matters get uncontrollable, how about we have some form of immobilizing agent that will temporarily handicap an attacker so we as aviators can ensure a safe dissolve?, i am talking about some form of tear gas that can be dispensed in the enviromental system of the cabin. We as pilots, won't suffer from such discharge as we have our own means of providing a steady uncontaminated stream of breathable air (i.e. quick donnig mask coupled with smoke goggles). Of course the entire pax and remaining crew in the rear will suffer, but just a temporary dose that can be cleared of with minor minor side effects will suffice. This will give us time to make a desicion and a safe way to resolve a situation with just minor side effects and enough time to apprehend the culprits. How many hijackers/terrorist would think or be able to sneak a PBE on board. Plus we know all f/a stations should be armed with a pbe of their own, this however should be concealed. Get some laboratories to work on such an agent. This could be used in many different situations. This is what i think, and if anybody thinks that this could be a viable option and act as a last resort, together with having our cockpit doors locked at all times, i know we will have it made. and pls. I would like to get the credit if this ever materializes. good luck to all.