PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aberdeen Runway Occupancy
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2009, 12:41
mikehammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aberdeen ATC are in my opinion very good.
Same in my experience. As an aside, I'll give meself away, everyone knows who I am anyway, but it was us this morning who caused the go around due to a technical issue (stall warner allergic to de icing fluid and cold, apparently), and apologies to the aircraft arriving behind us. Many thanks to ALL in Air Traffic, handled thoroughly professionally, we were sure it was spurious but I still couldn't keep down the adrenalin (you ask yourself a million panicky questions about frozen pitots, speed, then tell yourself to grow up because there's nothing really killing you. I think it's the noise that does it, and we can't cancel it!). Cheers for organising a new flight plan (beyond the call of duty), and to the Fire Crew for being on the ball also.

There is however one individual that can, on occasion, come across shirty and direct.
Everyone here seems to agree that is true, and it looks like the thread author has met with his wrath. Recently he was heard in long discussions (better kept for the telephone) regarding an aircraft authorised to depart with transponder inop. Little was resolved and the distraction was palpable. However, as an ABZ regular, the norm is a very high standard of service, and the rest being described here, is the exception.