PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 10th Feb 2009, 11:23
overhere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In all fairness many of the people on active hold weren't low timers (I wasn't) - many just lacked the 250 twin required for DE.

Many gave up great jobs (or have compromised their positions), many spend thoasands getting MECIR's back up to date & completing ATPL subjects in the required 3 month time frame - all while sitting on offer letters and being told that they'd be in the next course with specific dates quoted.

Then, nothing for months and just a blunt e-mail essentially saying go away - not even a phone call.

Many meet the DE requirements for QF but no offer to transfer applications across when QF recruits again.

I understand how the economy has messed up plans for QFL however I sincerely hope that their management understand the impact this has had on people who committed to them - we have families, mortgages and compromised jobs because of the time frames we were given and now no course - it's not a nice place to be.

Personally I just think some better communication and some consideration of looking at transferring applications elsewhere in the QF group is all that's needed - I don't want the world and certainly wouldn't consider legal action - I'd just like to know that they realise the impact they've had on many - I somehow however based on the e-mail we receiced doubt they care...