PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flight school show / fair at Heathrow ?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2009, 18:39
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The three largest and what you think the most successful which I would disagree with are the worst for telling outright fibs through marketing spin to wannabies.

And you don't get that spin at some FTO's when I choose Leeds it was because when I asked about there students job success they were very truthful about it. I think the words were "the market is a bit wk just now (it was just after Sept 11th)" said in a macum accent. But your plans a good one about doing the FIC. Talk to the boys over there they have just completed thier CPL's. Have you been told about the crap wx at Leeds yet?

Went up the road to multiflight and got handed a rubbish photo copy of a pricelist everything minus vat. Got made to wait for 20mins to speak to someone. Never was allowed into the inner sanctum were the real students were all sitting around. But you could start in a weeks time.

Back up the road to LFS 3 month waiting list a quick go in the the FNPT I, booked my start date.

But you boys crack on I have learnt over the years that common sense and wannabies don't mix with those special shades you wear. I have been told before I am talking bollocks when it comes to flight training but then again there are still people posting on this forum who were wannabies when I started training. Now I am in the LHS flying the line with the only debt being my morgage and have never been unemployed as a pilot, I did my first trial flight as an Instructor the day my license got delivered.

Fabbe92 if your interested my plan just now would be.

1. Class one medical
2. PPL at Highland Flying school. Or have a look at NewZealand or South Africa.
3. Ground school with Bristol Ground school or Oxford distance
4. Hour building in South Africa or if the exchange rate stays as it is at Highland and take the tomahawk away on a round UK trip visiting all the CPL,IR schools.
5. CPL/IR at which ever suits: Exeter,Tayflight,Tayside, the other lot in Bournemouth not Cabair.
6. MCC with who ever is the cheapest unfortunatley WWW never started his MCC course using 2 beer crates and a couple of broom handels for the sim. But I am sure you get the drift of the the level of hardware required. Its a tick in the box course which most operators don't care what you have done it in.

In 2000-2001 I did all my training including FIC for 35K Now I reckon it will be in the region of 40K if you are canny.

The first lesson to learn in aviation is that you get **** all for free. Those cadet FO's will have been blackmailed into going either by the promise of free food and booze or the slightly naive idea that they will get brownie points with the Ops director. They will learn though that brownie points equal 0.00001p when push comes to shove.