PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flight school show / fair at Heathrow ?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2009, 10:52
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I will never darken the door of a FTO again or one of these shows.

I only went to one and didn't pay to get in and it was bollocks.

The amount of crap that was being talked could have de-iced a runway.

We have a 100% pass rate. eh I saw old Partial up in Leeds fail one of yours 2 weeks ago. Yes well 100% in the first series you do realise this show is for students who haven't started training yet?

BA only take Integrated Graduates eh how come 6 FO's from Eastern have just started with BA with under 1000 hours all modular trained. 35k for there training and 6k paying off thier bond. Err thats for low hour cadets h'mmm experienced multi crew pilots are different.

There is going to be a shortage of pilots soon.

We have links to industry

We run as an unofficial first line recruitment screening for xxxx airline.

We have the best pass rate in the UK. Well do you want to go and have a word with 3 schools along there because they reckon they have the highest as well.

We have a state of the art simulator. No you don't you have a FNPT II and I bet its ****e like all the rest.

And the reason why you are visiting the schools is because

There ultra modern fleet turns out to be 2 shagged dutchess one of which is a spares queen. By the way nothing wrong with a shagged dutchess if the price is right.

All our planes are de-iced. Little did they tell you if you want this option it will cost you an extra 80quid an hour in fluid.

The general feel of the school.

The instructors are they pissed off with the managment.

The students who are training just now what are they saying.

Are they happy for you to talk to current students. Or do you have to grab one when they outside having a fag.

Is there lots of people sitting around waiting for training slots or aircraft.

Instructor Student ratio.

One of the biggest selling points for the show is the schools who arn't there. They are the ones who get more than enough punters through the door through word of mouth from happy customers. When you phone up they won't be able to give you a start date for a couple of months if not more.

But then again if your a dreamer and like being fluffed by these marketing gimps, fill your boots. £8.50 for 3 hours of being pandered to and being told everything is sunny in your never never world which you think is aviation must be money well spent.

And no I don't think its worth you coming over. You must be getting on for 300euros from Denmark, a night in a hotel in Heathrow 50 quid in the holiday Inn if your lucky. £8.50 for the "show" which is a bloody good term for it. That's 3 hours into your PPL wasted.