PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finding a job in Canada?
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2009, 01:05
newfieboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fly for Fun

Just outta interest, what part E.Anglia you from, I only ask because I;m originally from Lincolnshire. Far as I know, nobody cutting wages yet, like I stated on my previous post most guys/gals are contract.Depends on experience and type ratings, lights, intermediates, mediums or heavies as to payscale.Myself have over 10,000hrs with alot of it precision longline so it pays comparable with most other countries with same experience, if not better. Company I work for pay daily rate, bush pay and flight pay daily with minimums, amount of min hours depends on time of year normally 2hrs a day in winter 4hrs a day summer, but that will vary company to company and on a busy year you'll fly way over mins. Also depends what province you are based out of, Western provinces always paid better, but you;ll need approved mountain course for most contracts out west, most guys/gals here have that anyway.

I have worked in UK, ME, Africa ,US,S.America,to name a few places, far as I;m concerned Canada a good place to be if you like to fly lots of variety and lots of hours and a good way of life, don;t forget it;s middle of winter here, very short days and extreme cold, so I think it will pick up in next couple months as days get longer on exploration anyways, I;m currently sat on exploration camp and thats what I;m hearing. As for fire season, well thats in the hands of Mother Nature, but we sure are due for a good one and if it does burn, then we;ll all be b***ching cos we want some time off. Hope that helps.Just as a last note, this time last year we were struggling to keep aircraft flying due to lack of experienced crews, and that was middle of winter.Get outta this recession and it will be same again, things are only on hold, NOT cancelled.