PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss salary
Thread: Swiss salary
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2002, 00:59
CarbonBrake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One should not forget what SWISS is currently running on: a big wallet with taxpayers money as well as significant financial support from big swiss industrial, financial and insurance companies.
And now there are two pilot corps, where some "hot-blooded" members of both, former Swissair and former Crossair are just on the way of screwing up any blink of potential economical success of SWISS with little wargames of more little boys with their toys.
SWISS is a NEW company, don't they get it ??!!
The shareholders and the board of directors hopefully give a **** (I deeply apologize for this rude expression...) on those whining "you went bankrupt, we didn't...or we fired already 400, now it's your turn"-arguments.
The black numbers on the bottom line at the end of the fiscal year, that's what counts, nothing else.

The pilots operate the planes, the management and board of directors run the company.
When SWISS would fail in its present size, the board and the management will economically "streamline" the company, regardless of who went bankrupt in earlier days or who already laid off 400 before SWISS took off.

I personally believe, that SWISS will be a success, i.e. makes money !

Cheers

cb

Last edited by CarbonBrake; 20th Apr 2002 at 01:04.