PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RJ 100s at BA EOG
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2002, 20:36
Charizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I am quite sure, Mr. Handjob, that the attitude you portray will impress all my colleagues in BACE, from Brymon, BRAL and Manx, as to just how fortunate we are to be joining an organisation whose employees so clearly and vocally want nothing but the best for us. Your sheer arrogance in referring to our operations under your colours - bear in mind these were charged for by BA, simply because YOU couldn't get a return on them. Doubtless this was a BA management plot to disadvantage you poor overworked and underpaid BA pilots. Bear in mind that even though we paid BA through the nose for the franchise, we STILL made a profit on them. But, lest we forget, you and your friends have our best interests at heart. We can tell from your contemptuous references to us that you are clearly delighted to have us as part of BA. I wonder, could it be because you know we could (and lets face it, probably will, in time) be operating more and more of your aeroplanes, and making even more profit. You have to remember that actually, some of us would be delighted to do your jobs at 2/3rds the salary - hey, we'd probably do it better too! You note I say "some". This is because the only reason most of us haven't already joined you is that we like life in the regions, and we DID like life as part of a Company where everyone knew each other, and could resolve problems without the grinding corporate machine represented by BALPA and BA .
Well, that's history now, but if I were in your shoes WHATEVER you fly, I'd be VERY worried. As my mate said, change is the only sure thing, and corporate views change. Remember you came from BEA and BOAC, once upon a time, big was thought to be beautiful. I wonder if that's still the case.

BALPA.??? (Pause for guffaws) Oh yes, that's where a BA long haul expat Captain is trying to displace the General Secretary, because apparently you don't like him either. What's the matter, did he not provide a suitable exec limo to take you to your aircraft? Or did he dare to suggest that the cheeseboard was an anachronism? Seems you don't like anyone who doesn't agree with you and doesn't pass you another cheeseboard. You carry on matey boy, you are doing the best single Captain Lemming job I've ever seen to REALLY encourage us to turn the clock back a few years. What goes around etc etc. So when is my Airbus course then, I should think they'll be next on their way to us, closely followed by the shuttle!

Do keep it up, I laughed till my eyes were dry. You're not a lemming at all are you, more of a DODO!!