PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RJ 100s at BA EOG
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2002, 16:35
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Little Prince I'd almost cry at your post if I wasn't laughing so loud. As you enjoy fairy tales so much let me recount a real tale. Around two years ago I sat in a hotel bar in Europe with a CFE crew, around the time BA had proposed handing over most of EOGs routes to CFE. Nice guys they were too, but oh so insistent that the routes would come to them, BA pilots were too expensive, CFE pilots would make it work, BALPA wouldn't stand in the way and they were on a tremendous thing. Two years later, what do we see? No wholesale route transfers to CFE due to BALPA intervention, CFE pilots shafted by the transfer of their aircraft to a lower paying operator, CFE captains facing the possible loss of command and all down to the whim of BA management. Not such a pretty picture now is it? In two years time it'll be the same story again, except this time it'll be BACE sitting on the bat instead of CFE. As for your comic assertion that BACEs profitability is so significant, well just remember that it wasn't so long ago BA were the worlds were most profitable airline, recording profits of over £500 million. Once the FS&S shake down is completed and the North Atlantic picks up we'll be back there again.

So what if you were instructing on fast jets when I was a boy. Where have you gone since then? If you're so good why aren't you in BA like your old fast jet QFI mates, many of whom work at a very happy regional base, where they get on well with the cabin crew and earn more money than you.

Last edited by Hand Solo; 19th Apr 2002 at 17:14.