PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cadets - Contract info - (Please dont merge with 'Ryanair' Thread)
Old 6th Feb 2009, 09:18
MrHorgy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interested - Most of that is incorrect.

Once selected, you pay for your type rating. Your type rating begins with a week in East Midlands, then the rest at either SAS in Stockholm, or CAE in Amsterdam. You fund this, the accomodation, your food, your beer and easy women yourself.

Upon completion, you are offered the Brookfield line training contract (this is new since I trained, so details I don't have to hand), and ASKED where your preference to train is - they'll try and accomodate you as best they can. i wanted STN and got LTN, which turned out even better.

You will start ine training, which has to be completed in a minimum of 84(?) sectors. You start with a safety pilot, and once a minimum of 12 sectors has passed you are eligible to have him released. It normally takes around this. Once you have release, you start earning your Brookfield line training salary per hour.

Once you have your line training complete, you will be based. Again, the company ENDEAVOURS to give you a base you want - there's no point having unhappy pilots unless you got on someones goat.

You then fly. Get a rise at 500 hours on type. You remain a cadet/second officer until 1500 hours on type or 1 year service, that's when you get your third stripe.
  • You don't get stuck line training for 6 months
  • You don't get shipped off to Dublin with no chance of parole
  • You aren't tied to your base for 5 years

Although yes, you DO have to finance your licence transfer to the IAA.

Nick -

Yeah that's right, you get paid per SCHEDULED block hour. Doesn't make a difference on short sectors really, but sometimes the Sched is 3:05 and actual is 2:40. If you get a few long days this build up, then IF you get delayed one day, that surplus is evaporated I guess. The companies point of you is we pay you quite a lot, tax free, so if you want us to pay per duty hour we're reducing the rate. At that point, you can see your no better off. They do pay for HOTAC (obviously) if you get stuck downroute.

Horgy