PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cadets - Contract info - (Please dont merge with 'Ryanair' Thread)
Old 5th Feb 2009, 21:26
interested123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confused.com

Ok, so reading all this Ryanair cadet contract drivel has completely confused me, I'm going to write what I think I have understood and tell me if I am wrong or right, and correct me, if you would be so kind!

1) On being offered a cadetship with Ryanair the cadet will be allocated a training base at which they MUST line train for 6 months. Although paid in sectors the approx take home per month will be £750 with all costs out and cadets work around 80-85hrs a month -or- 48? sectors? on average?

2) After these six months the cadet will be offered a 5 year Brookfields contract, for which the must relocate to Dublin. There they must be self employed, arrange all their own tax, VAT etc. They will have to get an IAA licence at their own expense, they will have to take a compulsary 1 month unpaid leave and they will get 60/80/85euros per sector respectively. They will again do around 80-85 hrs a month or 48 sectors on average?

Is the pilot still a cadet at this point? or a first officer?

3)After the Brookfields contract the FO will be offered an extension -or- a full time Ryanair contract on which they can transfer to their final chosen base. Progression to captain means 138eur an hour or 230eur a sector?

Can the pilot only transfer base after 5 years?

THANKS ANY HELP APPRECIATED!