PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices: The CEO's New Organisation
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2009, 09:15
MrApproach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max1 - wouldn't JH have been part of the Executive who fell over themselves to implement SDE. To congratulate him after he sat in Safety and watched KiwiKin sink under the burden of restructuring while his staff bled away is cutting him a bit too much slack.

Does anyone else wonder why TFN is relishing an ATC strike/ban/fight/whatever? Why isn't he trying to solve this problem, why is there no middle ground?
1. Is he aware that the Government will step in a ban any industrial action? So he can't lose. Remember the Bush administration forced NATCA to accept the FAA offer - there is a model if anyone wants to copy it.
2. Is this because the Minister is an old mate from his Sydney Airport and NSW Regional Airline background? Forget TFN's National Party connections, the NSW Labor right wing is far more vicious.
3. On the other hand is it a device to deflect any government or industry inquiry into why ASA has gone into debt to pay the Government's "dividend"?
4. I wouldn't want to be crowing about writing off $24 million on GBAS and borrowing $400 million during the boomiest time the airlines have ever had. Neither would I want anyone casting a professional eye over the chaos the business has been in for the last four years.

Where has this oversight been? (Still if Madoff can get the SEC in the US to ignore him while he runs a multi-milion pyramid scheme, what can we expect.)

Over the years we have always faced this recalcitrant behaviour from an employer who knows that we can't work anywhere else, but never in my experience with such aggression and planning.

Just what is this bloke up to?