PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR - why is Qualification for Transfer and Promotion "removed" from OM A?
Old 4th Feb 2009, 19:16
shneidertrophy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, this forum is worse than a group of women with too much time on their hands.

Most of you flew somewhere else before, correct? So in which manual back home where the qualification requirements for training staff mentioned? It has to be in OM PART D! Why copy it in OM PART A?

It does not change anything for none of you anyhow. Becoming instructor is all about " dont ask us, we will ask you" ! And rightfully so!
Instructing has nothing to do with seniority (nor is it a given right) and thanks to the many failures lately this has been reckognised!

Command upgrades and fleet transfers are the only things which should be in OM Part A!

Too many captains.....

True on A330, not true on A320. So no generalisation possible!

Upgrades

I agree with what is said above. Stop whinging! 5 years is still a rapid and descent time to get your upgrade in an international carrier!

Previous command time: HHAhahah...make me laugh. If it would have been sufficient they would have hired you as DEC! On top of that you accepted an FO job so stop crying! And from my own experience: I would rather fly with a relatively inexperienced anytime than having to fly with these crybaby " I was a captain before" FOs running around here! GET OVER IT! And stop insisting you deserve a fast track upgrade...there ARE more senior FOS in front of you awaiting their turn!

And all in all, upgrades are indeed continuing . Assesment flight are ongoing on all fleets continously, an interview is planned mid this month and new Captains are being released online every week...

I have seen times here when NOT A SINGLE upgrade was done for over two years so once more...STOP CRYING!

Its time some of you start seeing the reality here:

QR is NOT a fast track to make promotion rapidly! We have over 1000 pilots at the moment, all of which are waiting for something. Pick a number and await your turn!

Usually I am criticising this company heavily, but reagrding this tread I strongly feel you are in the wrong direction!

Just a bunch of spoiled little children!

Anticipating your attack right now....