PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amsterdam- SEX, DRUGS, but no breath freshner
Old 11th Apr 2001, 15:59
M.Mouse

Jolly Tall

You said 'Except to say that as a PPL if I were required to undergo a breath test whenever I took a passenger, or was subject to random breath tests (as do some countries for motoring), I would accept it as necessary in the interests of safety.'

Could you explain how this present farce is in the interests of safety?

It is like so many things in todays world -the great majority of us have to put up with tiresome rules and procedures that have little bearing on reality and serve purely to make life a little less pleasant whenever we come up against these bureaucraticly inspired changes. Bit like the myth perpetuated in the UK as a justification for unnecessary speed limits and so called 'traffic calming' that 'speed kills'. It doesn't. Speed is a causal factor in under 7% of UK car accidents. DETR statistical references supplied if required.

I have nothing to hide, I will comply with the breath test requirements if required to but please don't tell me it is in the interests of safety.

Edited for spalling mistiks.

[This message has been edited by M.Mouse (edited 11 April 2001).]