PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2009, 06:01
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Either I read you wrong or you're wrong : The Gulf Air 320 off the coast of Bahrain and the Armavia IMO qualify for these characteristics.
Ermmm.. nope, they don't. In spiral dive aeroplane attains severe nose down attitude either through massive sideslip towards the lower wing or by banking through 90 deg and pitching up (relative to aeroplane's coordinate sys, not ground) - example is Flash air accident. Airbus limits bank to 67 deg, but sidestick has to be out of neutral for banks greater than 33. Pitch is limited to 15 AND and 30 ANU. What Gulf Air and Armavia tought us is that disoriented pilots can stay within the limits and yet drive the fully serviceable aeroplane into water. Now there is food for thought for those who advocate "I-have-full-control" button. And Aquadealte, we we been here before just a couple days ago. Please do read your FCOM and understand it. I have expressed myself imprecisely first time, my apologies, but I do maintain that speed stabilities in altn law with reduced protections are not worthy of being called protections as they can be overriden. Your proposed red button would leave pilot able to overbank aeroplane, attain severe pitch-up or pitch down, stall it or overspeed it. In my book this isn't "maintaining a great deal of protections" at all.