PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria
Thread: Virgin Nigeria
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2009, 00:53
LongJohnThomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Two things!

BALEWA,
Your mates are entitled to imagine who i may be, or where i might have worked in the past. No problem with that.
I am curious to know why you ask though, and what significance that would have to Vk going belly-up?

5N Pilot,
I agree with you that the management of Vk has been the reason why Vk has ended up where it is. As i hear it, thats now a company where HR has more of a say in operations than the DFO,CP etc?
Apparently, the said HR guru's have been the master-minds of running the company into the ground with their less then ideal ideas about how an Aviation company should be run!
What do you expect when most of them came form British-American Tobacco; Unseemly thinking this is the advent of cigarette marketing and advertisements??!!

fayz76,
I shall ask your ear here.
I would imagine that what 5N Pilot refers to is basically what i have stated above or at least along those lines. Venting his frustration on what he may see daily or perceive.
I must point out that though you may view his statements as racist, i would implore you to see it differently.
I do agree though, that his mention of the word 'racist' must have spurred your response.
Expats sometimes come as Black people from other countries and do not necessarily have to be white.
If I for instance, took one of the deals being offered me either by Flightdeckrecruitment or one of the other agencies? I would be heading to Lagos as an expat, regardless of my nationality.
I must say, that what you have stated holds water.
Different people perceive particular events differently. It all depends on what angle an individual tends to view the same event.
I see where you are coming from, and i also see where 5N Pilot is coming from too.
You're both on the same side, just having two different views of the same situation.
I ask that we do not go into the racial connotations that could result from this thread and try to keep this discussion civil and within the boundaries of why Vk seems to be going under.

I BEG OF YOU ALL!!

LJT.