PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK C of A Categories
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2002, 21:41
Helinut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve,

I think you should try and sit down with your maintenance organisation and talk to them about your particular situation.

I don't know, but I guess that your R22 is PT because it is or was hired out for SFH or for training. In this case, any old PT maintenace schedule that the CAA will accept will be OK. If the aircraft was used for public transport by an AOC holder, then it is mandatory that the aircraft is maintained to the approved maintenance schedule that is owned by the AOC holder (ain't the JAR wonderful). One of the few useful spin-offs of the whole JAR nonsense has been that AOC holders using piston-engine helicopters have been able/required to move away from the LAMS schedule (which for those who don't know is the old "standard" schedule for P/E heles). It is LAMS that has the 62 day checks which is a sort of intermediary check imposed by the CAA for aircraft that don't fly very much - this is the schedule that has a 62 day check in it.

These days it is possible to have a R22 on the PT C of A which does not have a 62 day check but you need to find an approved maintenance schedule that does not include one.

I think I am losing the will to live - I really recommend that you talk in depth to your existing or proposed future engineers.

Don't be surprised if the recertification of your aircraft, STAR Annual, flight test etc costs more than £1,000 ....