PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Jet Dubai - BANKRUPT
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2009, 09:04
DubaiExpat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

SFLY, I personally know CL604-Pilot and the friend he is talking about.

This pilot signed on gith Gulfjet after they called him needing another pilot for their Citation Soverein. This guy had a job already lined up with Dana Jet flying as an FO on a Challenger 604 for more money, but he decided to stay in Dubai ratjer than go to RAK and live there...His choice....not the best one, but his choice nonetheless...

He was already typed int he Sovereign and flying as a captain for Prestige jet. Gulfjet paid absolutely no money in his training or getting him to the UAE. He was simply taken advantage of, and being the super nice guy that he is he probably not made any issue of it.

I have flown with this guy before and his ethics are top notch. Even if he would owe moeny to the company he would pay up if it was the case. But I know for a fact that he was typed on the aircraft and was current.

I do not personally know the fleet manager from Gulfjet, but have seen him and in fact you are right about him conducting business in jeans and not in a professional manner. But that is out of the question and case... the fact is that Gulfjet regardless of losing money or making money, owes all of its pilots money and shall be liable for it... sadly the laws in this country only protect the greedy UAE bastard that hides behind his robe and pretends to be an ethical individual while he is the most devious crook that can exist.