PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Jet Dubai - BANKRUPT
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2009, 06:27
S.F.L.Y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instant Hooligan I think you misunderstood me. Of course he should be paid for what has been worked. CL604 Pilot was having the following statement:

My friend who recently joined that company (1 month) was told that his contract could no longer be honored... What a joke these people in the Middle East... They sign a contract and then they just simply say..."I changed my mind..."
This is not a joke, your friend signed this contract which clearly mentioned that he could be terminated without notice during probation. Of course your friend still has to be paid for what he worked.

Their word has ABSOLUTELY NO VALUE. They can promise you the world and have it in writing and in your contract, but at the end IT MEANS NOTHING TO THEM... There is no law that protects the expat
Have you read the terms of your friend's contract? Have a look at it and let us know if it wasn't clearly written that he could be terminated without notice during his probation. This is legal and there IS a law to protect your friend, this is why he can take legal action against Gulfjet to get paid for what he worked. Of course this is NOT the way it should be and this is simply shameful. However CL 604 Pilot, I would suggest that you get some more information on how the things really are in this country before making such statements and naming people whom you don't know. After all, we don't know your name...

What was the aircraft your friend was supposed to fly?