PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 1st Feb 2009, 18:26
Flying Squid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sciolistes.....

Some good points well made chap.

IMO I think people are building up a little nest egg to fall back on where as they may have not even considered it before and continued plunging themselves into debt, as you rightly point out. However I think the last 6 months has been a real shock to the system. Maybe a big enough shock to change people's behaviour towards disposable dosh altogther. Who knows.

As for the CAA stats regarding pax numbers before and after 9/11.....I too came across these whilst doing some research on the industry before I took the leap and started training. Sorry, my previous comment was a tad unclear, I meant that pax growth stopped growing rather than people stopped flying altogether. I was really surprised when I found those stats initially but less so after considering how important international aviation has become over the last few decades.

Is there really less money in the system...or is there just as much or possibly more than ever but it's not circulating with the fludity that it should be??? I'm no economist and if the top dogs of the economic world can't agree on this then I'm certainly not going to try.