PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Jet Dubai - BANKRUPT
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2009, 16:38
CL604-Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gulf Jet Dubai - BANKRUPT

A friend of mine who is living in Dubai and was employed by Gulfjet just told me that he was layed off as well as all of the pilot who worked at Gulfjet.

The owner of the company, has absolutlely NO CASH FLOW and cannot pay the pilot's salaries. All of the pilots are owed 3 months salaries and 3 month per diems.

My friend who recently joined that company (1 month) was told that his contract could no longer be honored... What a joke these people in the Middle East... They sign a contract and then they just simply say..."I changed my mind..." and they just think that with that they no longer have to pay the pilots what they owe them.

Sadly but true, this is the way the whole Middle East (owners and operators) think. Their word has ABSOLUTELY NO VALUE. They can promise you the world and have it in writing and in your contract, but at the end IT MEANS NOTHING TO THEM... There is no law that protects the expat and they will screw everyone who they emply.

That is why I am staying here in the US that even with the finincial crisis that were are facing, I much rather pay taxes on my salary and have a decent life and get paid... than to go to the fancy "show off world" of the Middle East and get screwed over by some greedy bastard, who thinks just because of the fact that he is paying you, he can do whatever it pleases with you and your time... and of course not paying you at the end.

Last edited by CL604-Pilot; 4th Feb 2009 at 09:44.