PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AV8 in Brisbane - how are they?
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2009, 08:47
Aerohooligan

Location: Somewhere that looks a lot better when I close my eyes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mate, whatever price you are quoted, increase that by at least 20% and in AV8's case probably 50%.

My CPL/MECIR, completed in close to minimum hours, plus a tailwheel endo and some private flying to boot, cost in total around $79,000 and I'm still paying off my debts (and yes, debts plural - to many people and institutions). CPL alone was $56k (165 hours [the min being 150hrs] plus private flights - without the privates probably would have been about $54k).

Do yourself a favour and don't consider AV8. Your primary consideration in flight training should be quality, not cost (easy to say, now that I'm finished, I know). AV8 cannot meet the time or cost targets quoted. Further, you cannot get a refund if you elect to stop training any more than a week after starting and everything is geared towards making money than anything else.

If you really must train at Archerfield, try Royal QLD Aero Club. They're about the only school of some quality remaining there. You're really best off going to Air Gold Coast or to Redcliffe Aero Club.

Hope that's some help.