PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OCTA Separation Minima in IMC
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2009, 06:24
Spikey21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rest assured that should should find yourself sharing the airspace over an approach with me, and you for some reason are unable to manage a climb that will keep you out of my way - this "plonker" will accommodate your big shiny jet, otherwise keep outta my way cause I once you are established in the missed approach, I will be headed down!
FTDK, assume you are turning inbound from the outbound leg of the Hamilton Island Rwy 32 VOR holding pattern and you hear the Lear 45 advising that he is not visual and is now on the missed approach, you would now..... ??????

Take into account that he has commenced his missed app at 2.5 miles and at 800', where do you think he will get to 3000' ???

I agree with you Arm OTW, that is what should happen, it rarely does unfortunately.

I know of one case where two a/c from the same company nearly clobbered one another because one was holding at the published holding altitude.
Easier in a turbine a/c, a bit harder to get down from 4500 to MSL in an unpressurised piston though.