PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 29th Jan 2009, 21:36
Reluctant737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear that buddy - let us not forget that life is a wonderful thing, and it's truly saddening to see so many people wasting it away worrying about the worlds problems, complaining to one another, always trying to get one up on the other guy...

I have what I consider to be a 'cushy jet job' - many people would not consider it so, but the background I come from dictates my nature in such a way that I can only see it as such.

The truth is, I may switch the news on tomorrow and find out my airline's gone into administration - now if I thought about that all the time, I would worry constantly, and it's for that reason I block off some semblance of reality to the fragile existence that is this career.

But do you know what? I don't care about the economic downturn, it doesn't affect me as I sit here now, it doesn't prevent me from putting food in my plate, taking air into my lungs, nor will it affect my plans to visit my family for the first time in two months next week. And for the time being, I'm still flying people around Europe and getting paid for doing so.

We're only human, and this recession is only the result of what humans higher in the food chain have created for us. What does this constant bicker create? Does it solve our problems? No it does not - we all have to sleep in one big bed, all one can do is make the best of what we do have, and put aside for now what we don't have.

Whatever your problems are, there is always somebody else who has things a hundred times harder - I'm sure there are many people in Gaza as we speak who would happily exchange places with the most hard done by moaner on this website.

So hey, don't worry, be happy.

p.s. Philosophising the world is a general effect alcohol has on me, nothing is intended as being personal