PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2009, 08:51
skyshow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some really good pick-ups there everyone...
The compromise was an idea as it was clear the company wanted to save heaps of money, with $5 million ordered to be saved from the Cabin Crew Department alone, along with other departments more money. My ideas were realistic in what we were dealing and was an idea of what was a good compromise IF we had to change our work rules excessively.
Who knows what deal is going to be offered. But it isn't going to be pretty (in other words a big change) and my 'ideas' were, I think, a good compromise. Would I rather keep things and hours as is? Absolutely. Would I vote to do so if it was a choice? Absolutely. But by no means would I want to lower what I think I'm currently worth because that's what the current offers are. But I just hope the company knows that we want things to remain or only have subtle changes. But obviously, once again, this is not going to be the case.
Your thought on DTA was correct, as was mine, meaning $3.30 was way off the mark. The extra hours a year due to 28 day rosters is a con, but we should get a real pay rise to compensate. But in their view, it defeats the idea of the efficiency they want to save. But are they the ones working harder, signing on at 4am, NO? We should be compensated.
They would never pax us over and operate back (or visa versa) to minimise overnights to PER (unless there's a sickness) as its a loss of passenger seats (revenue) plus a loss of HOURS in a roster (inefficiency).
The new crew being paid a lower amount is a good idea as they can receive the normal amount after a few years, plus there's no outsourcing or casualisation like our competition. Work there and you'll see a real split. But we all do the same job, so of course I would rather see us all on the same pay.
Once again would I rather keep things and hours as is? Absolutely. Would I vote for this. Absolutely. What would your REALISTIC ideas be, providing what we're being offered and there had to be changes?
Was just trying to throw around some realistic ideas that are NOT as ideal as we'd all like, but would soften the blow we're currently dealing with. I'm sure you understand.
Hopefully now the union's involved more perhaps there won't be many changes???
But I'll tell you one thing... News of reduced crew on B737s and E-Jets has just got me thinking they can save enough from that, and we should be compensated further. I'd hate to see it happen though. Any ideas when they want to bring these changes into effect anyone? I've never heard of this yet.