PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 28th Jan 2009, 21:55
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh come off it, you're making me feel old at the grand old age of forty!

Whatever age you are right now, I can probably guarantee you'll never see the likes of this economic crisis in your lifetime. The fact you point out jobs in supermarkets looking rosy, shows your complete ignorance of the facts before you. So the supermarkets are the saviours from the economic crisis? Makes me wonder why GB and AD spent billions of taxpayers money propping up the banks then? Our kids will be affected by this during their working lifetime I think.

Oh, hang on, so you can have thousands of checkout people in many new supermarkets. Great. I'm so glad the crisis is now over then. We obviously don't need manufacturng anymore as no-one is buying anything. We only need to be able to pop down to tescos/asda etc to get the shopping from now on and to hell with a stable economic climate.

Green transport? Come off it. We're years away from all driving eco cars. You'll still need the existing coal powered power stations to charge the batteries. No nuclear reactors on the horizon for a few years yet.

I'm considering myself one of the lucky ones with a flying job for now. Wonder how long it will last. Surely the gas in the North Sea will last another couple of years yet?