PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Decision
Thread: Bad Decision
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2009, 11:41
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have all said this or something similar:

"Flying a jet is more money"

So why wouldn't I look at the jets with envy and want to fly/operate (whatever) one as I have bills and a loan like everyone else.
With these comments I'm not talking to Logi as I am firmly convinced he's a simple internet windup troll, they are aimed at anyone who wants to fly for a living who might read this thread.

So you got into flying for the money????????? What, are you mental? I can think of numerous jobs where the pay far exceeds what we get at any stage in our careers, that don't cost £70K ish to get into.

Your "bad decision" was to think that flying was a viable career for you.

Get this, flying can be a tough old business, often with poor job security and with reducing T's and C's, unless you get into an aircraft and absolutely love it, then after a few years, you'll hate it and turn into the usual, cynical old misery guts who comes onto Pprune and moans about naff all.

You'll be a pain to work with and your attitude will get noticed by management and you'll be chopped first if any redundancies happen.

We all fall in and out of love with flying sometimes, but to be as cynical as you are at this early stage in your career. Then frankly your chances of still being in the cockpit in 20 years time are absolutely naff all.

That was a good investment wasn't it.........................

Does this definition sound familiar?

A Troll is a person who just loves to waste, either intentionally or unintentionally, the time of other people on a newsgroup, group, or other Internet Forum. A troll tells people to do this or do that, to go yonder, etc. because they are too good to do the work themselves. Never will a troll put any effort into their replies. And, if you actually believe these people you will end up wasting a considerable amount of time going on a wild goose chase.