Thread: Bad Decision
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2009, 10:04
Challie601

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
debts.....thats why

Logitech....

you say you want to fly Jets....and why not eh, yes they pay more money

BUT you started the thread concerning the choices one makes and how better it may be to WAIT for that dream job.........

You cant sit around waiting in this industry, imagine stating in an interview that you passed on other jobs on smaller operations just because you wanted to wait for the opportunity for a shot with the big boys.....yikes

More to the point, like you, I have debts and couldnt/didnt take the SSTR option, although after 6 months of returning to the UK with experience in my pockets but no jobs forthcoming it was looking like I might have to bite the bullet and get further in debt but earn money sooner by going the route of a certain EI reg outfit.

A friend of mine did it, 18 months later he is happy as larry but will be paying off the TR for years whilst working under the same threat of redundancy as the rest of us.

I got lucky, its not the best job in the world, its not the career route I envisaged I would take, hell I wanted to fly TP's first!

BUT I am flying, its a good bird and I am gaining experience, more importantly being PAID.

Lot of casualties going on out there at the moment and you never know, I might be next in the coming months.

BUT I am flying.

You should remember that. Give it time, get the experience and opportunities will open up for you.

Be ever grateful for what you have got!