PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 27th Jan 2009, 22:09
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 208 Likes on 75 Posts
When I said "move somewhere safe"...

Europe's winter of discontent - Telegraph

The French are in revolt. On Thursday, teachers, television employees, postal workers, students and masses of other public-sector workers will be united in a hugely-popular strike with car workers, supermarket staff, journalists and thousands of others in the private sector.
One poll said that 75 per cent of the public supported the action,
A depression triggered in America is being played out in Europe with increasing violence, and other forms of social unrest are spreading. In Iceland, a government has fallen. Workers have marched in Zaragoza, as Spanish unemployment heads towards 20 per cent. There have been riots and bloodshed in Greece, protests in Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary and Bulgaria. The police have suppressed public discontent in Russia

Economic hardship spawned demonstrations. It allowed extremists to gather support after a loss of faith in mainstream political movements. Economic catastrophe bred Franco, Mussolini and Hitler.

And most worryingly accurate...

I WARNED OF CRISIS TEN YEARS AGO THEN DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT, SAYS BROWN - The Daily Mash

My new gun cabinet is being delivered on Friday - is that too bearish dya' think?