PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two Air Mishaps Averted In Lagos And Abuja
Old 27th Jan 2009, 12:49
Localiser Established

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, since the 'gods' decided that my first reply on this thread wasn't good enough, I'll try to be a little more civil this time.

Habari, I think Nijasea was trying to say that many competent Nigerian pilots straight from school are still looking for jobs while foreigners are being employed straight from school as expats. Surely, Nigeria must be one of the few places in the world where this happens. And no, it is neither a racial thing nor xenophobic thing.

Back to the original topic, does anyone have actual facts of what happened to 5N-CEO? I was told it was an air return due to (partial) loss of hydraulics which resulted in the locked wheels on landing. Can anyone confirm this?

Just so happens that 5N-HIR is on ground so the temporary loss shouldn't have much of an impact.

Haven't used 18R in the past few days, so can't say if progress is being made on the aircraft or if it has left the cargo ramp.

And please, please, please guys. Let us move on from these social/economic/political issues about Nigeria. It is getting quite boring and tiresome.

Mods, judging from the tone of the second post, it was obvious this thread was going to move in this direction (as usual), but yet, the 'clean up team' missed/ignored it.

Last edited by Localiser Established; 27th Jan 2009 at 14:32.